Thursday, November 19, 2009

Birthday fun & NEW MOON

Thank you for all of the Birthday wishes!
I had a very fun day. I was able to take the day off and spend most of it with Taylor-bug which is always nice, even if I get overwhelmed with her two-year-old tantrums.
In the morning Taylor and I both got vaccinated for the H1N1. It was easy-peasy, didn't feel a thing and she did wonderfully. Then we went to Tyson's work for his insurance open enrollment info. Got lots of questions answered.
After that, the bug and I went shopping. My mom gave me money for my birthday, THANKS MOM!!! I need new work shoes and wanted to see what deals were out there. It's getting harder to shop with Taylor, whether she's in a stroller of not. Her little arms are not so little anymore and she can reach everything. She was pulling shoes off the racks, throwing clothes on the ground and just causing me to think about a nervous break down. So we went to the food court to have lunch.
While there, Taylor of course focused in on the little marry-go-round they have in the middle (thank you mall personnel for thinking of that brilliant idea) of the food court where all of the kids and eat. She was so focused on that ride that I had to do some major mommy-daughter talk, persuading, and reasoning to get her to eat so that she could ride the horses.
That was one of my down falls of the day...getting her on was a breeze, of course, but getting her off, so another story! She threw a literal fit, throwing her legs, screaming, crying, hitting me, just about everything embarrassing and horrible that your child can do, not only in public, but period. It's never fun to see them that unhappy. Being tired did not help the equation either. Once we got back into the car, she was out cold and continued to sleep for 2 solid hours.
Tyson came home early and we went to the Solomon Center in Ogden. I thought we were going to eat there or something but Tyson led me into the center itself and I thought we were going into Gold's Gym to get a membership but that's NOT where we went. Tyson let me do the I-FLY skydiving and it was SOOOO much fun. I would recommend it to all. Taylor can even do it next year. You have to be 3 years old. It was a blast. THANKS TYSON!! We got my first flight recorded, I'll publish later.
Then we went to dinner at the Sonora Grill, very good food. We took Taylor back home and my mom came to watch her for us while I drug Tyson to NEW MOON!!! YES, that's right ladies, I saw the movie and it was good. Much better than the first. I'm so glad they changed producers and directors. The wolves were amazingly real and the vampires did not look like they had pancake batter pasted all over their faces. Much better. Jacob did a really good job acting. He's a good Jacob to me. I really liked Edward but Jake did a better job. Bella needs to learn how to have nightmares and bad dreams...not a good job. But that's all I'm saying right now. Go out and see it. I'd see it again in the theaters.
Tyson gave me a juicer, Jazz tickets and an Edward birthday card that I have at my work station. I LOVE YOU TYS, thanks for everything!!
It was a great day and I got tonz of calls and texts! Thanks everyone.

4 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Happy birthday buddy!!! Sounds like such an awesome day, seriously do they come any better. So jam packed with fun stuff, I am jealous.

I am going to New Moon tonight, so glad to hear you liked it. Can't wait!!

Alana said...

Sorry I'm a nut and missed your birthday.Happy late birthday! No wonder I couldn't get ahold of you via phone...you were having a crazy time at the mall!

I am currently reading Jim Fay's "Love and Logic" discipline books and have been applying what I have learned.(It teaches how to handle toddler melt-downs, tantrums, etc... and to do it all while keeping your cool.) I am seeing improvements in Alexander already and my stress responce/level is going down. Very exciting! I think Taylor and Alexander are so much alike- they could be twins!

Just thought I would pass that along. The book has been heaven sent for me. sigh...I never knew how challanging parenting was going to be!

Hopefully you will be able to come to the book show tomorrw at my home @11. Even if you don't want to purchase anything, it would be nice to be able to visit with you. Have a great night. -Alana :o)

The Green Family said...

Glad you had a Happy Birthday!

The Carnahan's said...

Happy Birthday Friend! Sounds like you guys had fun that night! I'm jealous you've already seen it, I will in a couple of weeks, yay! You'll have tell me more about Senora Grill, I really want to go there!