This is not one of the joys of parenthood...my little baby girl had to have a little minor surgery on Tues.
Let me set up the situation: Saturday, Taylor was so good for us all day. I drug her to a RS event, took her home to nap, which she took over an hour nap. Then I had to do a little shopping, some returning and then go back and pick her and Tyson up to go meet my family at Red Robin for Morgan's birthday. We had a great time. Then we went shopping in Layton for an hour. Nikki and I went to the movies that night while Tyson had Taylor. He said that she was a little fussy but nothing big. Sunday was a different story. I had a meeting after church so I had to stay but Tyson took Taylor home so she could nap. She was fussy all day and wanted to be held (which I don't mind at all Ü). I gave her a bath that night and when I went to dry her off, I noticed her big toe on her right foot was a little red. When I tried to look at it she pulled her foot away and would not let me take another look. She went to bed and stayed asleep all night. When I woke her up on Monday her toe was normal and she was in a great mood. We ran errands all day, she ended up taking three naps in her car seat. We didn't get home until late so I put her in the bath again and noticed her toe was red again. I had Tyson come up and look at it and he thought she just stubbed it or something but didn't think it was a big deal.
We she woke up the next morning it was still pink but not nearly as bad as the night before. I called Nikki four times that day to see how she was doing and to make sure everything was ok. Nikki said that she was really clingy, didn't want to walk at all and kept tripping and falling down. I asked her to take her socks off and look at the toe and she said it was bright red and look really painful so I made an apt for her and Tyson took her in.
Diagnosis...ingrown toe nail!!! On a poor little 14 month old! They had to remove her WHOLE toe nail to get the infection out. Tyson said it was a very smooth procedure (I had to stay at work) and that he was glad I was not there because he really had to hold her down and he said I would have lost it, which I'm sure I would have. Maybe not though, God makes mother's out of stronger stuff but I'm sure I would have broken down afterward.
I stayed home with her on Wed and Tyson on Thurs. She will NOT take her antibiotics, spits it out every time as well as her pain meds. The only thing she will take is Motrin. The medication actually made her sick on Wed and she threw up twice. It was so said. She would just look up at me like "what just happened?"
I just sat and loved her all day.
She can't wear shoes for 14 days and they said her toe nail won't grow back for at least 6 months. That's not going to be fun.
13 years ago



6 comments:
POOR BABY! I'm so sorry! I can't imagine how painful that must be for her, and how sad it must be to watch. Glad it wasn't anything terribly serious! We love our little niece :)
sorry to hear about all of that, the joys of parent hood- hopefully she gets feeling better
Oh poor baby...that is no fun.
What the heck?! How does such a little thing get and ingrown toenail that bad. I'm glad she is on the mend, poor girl. (Poor Mom too) :(
Sad, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope she gets feeling better soon!
I thought you were going to say that she'd broken her toe. I'm glad it was something so fixable. Hope she's feeling better and running again! :)
Post a Comment