Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Worded update

I know, I know, pictures of Taylor are what you long on for, I would too, but this is going to be strictly a worded update for now so just deal with it! Ü
Things are going...well??? I guess when there's not much happening and things are pretty smooth sailing than it's considered well. Tyson has this week off (lucky) because he has use or lose vacation time. He is loving spending time with Taylor which is actually a blessing in disguise because the little bug is sick and has been since the end of Sept. I took her to the Dr but he said she was just fine.
I'm working away and getting ready for a training that I've been spending a ton of hours getting ready. It's a 4 half day training that I will be team teaching with a co-worker who has already taught the subject. I'm very relieved that she will be training with me because she's great and I totally respect her and will have fun in the class with her but to be honest, I'm sooo nervous which is not like me because I can usually wing anything and it turn out fairly well. This is different. Maybe it's the caliber of employees we will be training or that I haven't been in front of a group for several months training material that is really important. Who knows, only that I'm glad it's almost here and under my belt.
Weight update: I've lost 17 pounds so far which is great! Of course I wish it was more but it's really nice to have that much gone. You can't really tell yet but I can when I'm playing on the floor with Taylor or reaching down on the ground for something. Weird, I know, but you'll never realize just how uncomfortable weight really is unless you've been told you're obese...oh, that's right, I'm back to that little comment! Ü
Moving on: This weekend we are going to be going to Idaho for a baby blessing. Allyson and Jared are blessing Stella at his parents house and I'm so excited to hold and kiss this little baby. It will be fun to hold one so small again. I can't Believe how fast Taylor is growing and by growing I mean she's TALL. She weighs 20 lbs 4 oz and is 31 1/2 inches tall. Have I already mentioned that??? Well it's worth mentioning it again. She's going to be a tall drink of water. Tyson thinks she will be taller than her aunt Becky. I'm not sure about that but probably close.
She loves to go up and down the stairs. It's so cute to watch her reach for each step when she comes down and now it's a game to see who can go up the fastest. She "runs" up them to get away from Tyson. It's funny to watch.
She is still an amazing sleeper. She sleeps all through the night but has an internal clock that tries to wake her at 7am every morning. Some times she will fall back asleep for a little while longer but most of the time I hear to in her crib, talking to herself or to the fish aquarium or if I leave a book in the crib for her, she sits and reads it. She is so smart too. She knows if it's up side down or not and makes sure she reads it correctly. She loves her books just like her mommy!
I love being a mom. I love being a wife and I'm so thankful I have a husband who loves being a dad! That's one of the best parts of having a family is to sit back and watch them interact with each other.
I'll post more Taylor pictures soon. Hopefully I'll have some with her cousins after this weekend so check back.
We also go family pic's taken last weekend so I'll get those soon too.

2 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Sounds like things are going weel for you guys, which is great. Have fun at the baby blessing this weekend, sometimes little getaways like that are so nice. Way to go on the 17 pounds, thats awesome!

The Green Family said...

That was a mouthful!!

Stop stressing about the training, you'll be great. I know it, the group knows it, Diana knows it...now if you'll just jump on board ;)

We'll do it together and it'll be FUN!

Congrats on the wieght, you're ONE HOT MAMA!!