Sunday, October 23, 2011

Birthdays, tipping canoes, job changes, circus, ramblings and much much more...

...that's basically what we've been up to but WOW, it's been a very long time since I've posted! So much to say - let's see if I can.

Stay with me now, because as you can see, it's been awhile and there's A LOT!

My last post was in August - I'm not a very good wify because my cute hubby turned 33 and I didn't even say boo...or happy birthday - but it's now Halloween so BOO seems appropriate.

Here's my guy:


I'm not even going to try to concur dates or order, my brain is just not that up-to-speed, so I'll do this as best I can.

We went to the circus - which for me, is always fun. I was a little worried about big T because he's not to keen on things like this but when we got there, I did not even realize he's never been before! He actually enjoyed it! It was out cute little family of four and my mom!





Taylor turned 4!

She's unbelievable - in so many ways, but mainly in how cute she is, how much energy she has and how TALL she continues to get.

Her stats:
Height; 44 inches - completely off the charts! Not even close to anything the Dr had.
Weigth; 40 lbs - 75%

She's healthy, happy, and for us, finally out of her three year old stage!

She loves princesses, riding her bike (which she got for her birthday) her grandma(s), Nikki and entire family, uncle Skyler and his family - actually, she just loves everyone. She's turned into this lovely, huggy, little girl and I love it.

She's still not the greatest at listening but it's improve drastically and she still is very emotional - which I never had anything to compare that to until Logan! She's emotional!

She LOVES Ms. Helen, her preschool teacher and is doing very well in class. She loves to do art projects and play with all her animals. She says the funniest things that crack us up all day long!

The weekend of her birthday was very busy - we did anything and everything. Started with the circus, then we headed to a princess party with little friends, had her party w/family and then went fishing - which is what she wanted to do! Seriously!

Happy Birthday Princess!












Story Time -

So, we were up fishing on Taylor's birthday at Causey Dam, having a grand time. We were all loving it, catching fish, laughing and enjoying the beautiful Sept day. Taylor caught the first fish on her famous Barbie fishing pole and she caught to most fish - but we were all catching them and that's what was making it fun.

Then we had to all use the potty. I was very nervous because Taylor has really never peed in the wild and it's not an easy thing for girlie's! Well, after several minutes and attempts at getting out of the canoe in very muddy areas, Tyson found us a nice, rocky spot to get out and do our deeds.

It was actually a very good spot and it turned out to be very easy to get out of and Taylor was a natural at using nature...but getting back in to the canoe was another story. Actually, getting in was ok, it was getting back out to the lake that was the issue...long story short, we tiped over! Not only that, but ALL of our gear was soaked, including our brand new $600 Canon camera that had 900+ pictures on it that were not downloaded! Taylor was soaked and exteremly lucky she didn't hit her head on the rocks because I hit my wrist and fractured it between the canoe and come rocks. Tyson was ok, just exteremly concerened, stressed, wet and muddy - we all were! In fact, I mentioned earlier that funny things Taylor says, well this one tops the charts.

I couldn't cry because she would have been hysterical so I had to hold it in. She kept saying, "Sorry mom, I'm sorry" and we kept trying to tell her it wasn't her fault, it was no ones fault. Well, she wouldn't stop saying it so finally I said, "Taylor, it wasn't your fault, it was mommy's". She then proceeds to say - for the rest of the day, "Ok mom, it's your fault!".

Then, while we were trying to get all of our gear out of the water and dry, she is shaking, trying to sit on the rocks and not fall back into the water and says, "OH NO!!!"

I said, "What?"
Taylor: "Oh great! We're stuck! We're stranded!!! Now we'll have to live here!"

I was the funniest thing she could have said at that moment! I'm so glad she got over it because we had to paddle ALL the way back to the car!

It was a very trying expierence for all of us! Our camera survive, thankfully, and I recovered my pictures and was able to take Logan's first birthday - which I will post soon!

Thanks for sticking with it this far...I will return shortly Ü

2 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

good to see a post from you friend..so sad about your little water experience. I would have just died about the camera.

The kids are just adorable and getting so BIG!

Rob'n'Mon said...

Oh my! I hope your wrist is better - that really sucks. Glad that camera survived, though. Can't wait to see your pictures! Happy birthday to Taylor!