Ok, I know I'm a total disappointment but I don't think either Taylor or I are ready for potty training!
I'm NOT giving up, just relaxing A LOT!
I seriously turned into the mother from HELL and I did NOT like that at all, neither did poor Taylor. I can't believe it's really this hard. I think that's a sign that she's just not ready and the multiple-personality-that I acquired while trying is proof that I'm not as ready as I thought!
We'll keep trying so we can bother stay on top of it but be more positive and relaxed about the whole thing!
13 years ago



2 comments:
I would have Alexander go first thing in the morning and then set an alarm for 20 minutes after breakfast or any meal, and regulary for 45 minutes after for "potty time." Alexander would tell me he did not need to go after trying. I would double ask to make sure and if he said no again I would let him off the toilet. After several months of this with still accidents or just plain "I don't care if you have to clean it up mom attitude" from him ...if he did mess in his pants or floor...I would have him do the dirty work. I would sit and say "I don't want to touch your poop and pee. That is SO disgusting. YUCK!" He would cringe cleaning up and repeat how gross it was. I would just say Yup, next time maybe you will choose to go in the toilet instead of your pants or floor. After several times of that he decided touching the poop wasn't what he wanted and went in the toilet from then on. It saved me from having to touch the crap and I could just sit and chill calmely while he cleaned (Of course I'd disinfect the area on the floor later...when he didn't see me.) Maybe that would work for Taylor and take some stress off from you too. I think toilet training has to be the most difficult thing to teach during the toddler age.
I agree with you!!!!! Potty training is the WORST, we are really struggling as well, but I guess I'll just keep trucking!!
Post a Comment