Ok Mommy's out there who like to save money and get good deals, I've got some info for ya!
Smith and Edwards in Farr West (I'm sure you're all familiar with them Ü) is having their annual TOY SALE and it's awesome...the only draw back, for some, is it's spread out to four sales...
...let me explain...Smith and Edwards does not do the Black Friday shopping and sales approach BUT they still want to give everyone a good deal so they came up with this sales process and I've gone the last two years. Last year I went to every one of them and got some really great toys for Taylor and family. I also saved a lot of money!
The sale dates & prices are as follows:
Monday, Sept. 13th is the $0.99 sale (toys up to $10)
Monday, Sept. 27th is the $2.99 sale (toys up to $25)
Monday, Oct. 11th is the $5.99 sale (toys up to $40)
Monday, Oct. 25th is the $9.99 sale (toys up to $50)
The flyers for it come the Sunday before in the paper.
Here's what I've noticed...you need to get there an hour early to get in line, just like Black Friday. Doors open at 9am and people literally RUN to the toy area, grab everything they can put into the huge bags they give you, and then sort through them afterward and discard anything they think they don't want. I didn't understand this concept the first year but totally got on board the second year and when I went to all four sales, it worked like a charm.
The best bet that you'll get what you want (because it's first come, no rain checks, holds, or layaways) is to buddy up and have a plan. I did that a few times with my sister in law and it helped even more. We both got some cute things.
It's fun, a great money saver and they have some cute things...some things are not so great but you have to go to understand.
IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO GO THIS YEAR WITH ME, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I may only be able to go to the first one. Waiting an hour before they open and then running to the toys may be a little harder for me this year but I'm willing to try it. Ü
FYI - this is not something you would want to bring your kids to, it's crazy and you are waiting outside before they open - the kiddo's might get a little antsy.
13 years ago



2 comments:
I totally would if I lived closer!!
If you decide to go let me know. I can probably find someone to watch Kameron.
Post a Comment