Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 3rd celebrations

Well, we knew that July 4Th would not be eventful being Sunday and July 5Th will be just as much fun and many things to do, just like the 3rd, so I better split the posts up.

We were invited by Tyson's co-worker(s) to go to Boondocks to play on Saturday. We'd never been, knew it was kind of pricey but didn't really have any plans and after Taylor being sick and Tyson was just getting over it (or so we thought) we wanted to do something fun and get out of the house.

It was a lot of fun, a lot of energy taken, and very expensive for a family of three. I have no idea how bigger families afford it and there were plenty there who I thought were nuts paying that much money...but hey, if you have it, have fun with it!

We got there at 11am and there was hardly anyone there so we had some fun right off the bat and no waiting. Taylor was so excited about the water bumper rides until she got splashed and that was the end of that unlimited ride. We did the go-carts a few times, she was in and out of the kids land. We tried laser tag - not good with a 2 1/2 year old when you have to use both hands to shoot, we did a round of mini golf and bowling which Taylor loved for all of three holes and three bowls, then she was off running again.

I should not have bowled but did and ended up with the highest score! Paid for it all night and am sore sore thing morning!

We stayed there a little too long for Taylor's liking. She was DONE and only got about a 25 min nap. Then we went to some friends for a fabulous BBQ and to watch Weber Highs fireworks. It was fun but I so so extremely tired and sore that I'm afraid I was not much company. I'll have to make that up to them!

Tyson is once again sick and Taylor is eating everything in the house.

Here are some pictures of the fun.















No comments: