Saturday, May 8, 2010

Spray on tans

Ok ladies...I need some advice. I'm feeling extremely white these days and of course can't lounge like I would like in a tanning bed. I have wondered recently about the spray on tans though. So for the fun of collecting thoughts, please leave me yours on the following:
1 - what do you think about spray on tans and being pregnant?
2 - have you ever had a spray on tan?
3 - pros and cons of tanning...period

Thanks

6 comments:

The Carnahan's said...

I am a huge advocate for spray tans, love, love, love them! But I have not used self tanner once since I've been pregnant and either does my sister...the chemicals seeping through your skin...but that's just my opinion. And I don't believe in fake baking while pregnant or actually at all...cancer. So sorry, but I do love Sally Hansen spray on tan that washes off with water that doesn't stay on your skin for days/weeks. I mix it with lotion.

The Green Family said...

Jill ~ I'm more of a non conservative type. My OB said I was fine as long as it was after the first trimester and I didn't let my skin get HOT. I love spray on tan's.
They don't last as long but I think they look great. The secret is in how you stand and washing your hands right after.
I go to Joys Too in Roy. They charge $10 and I think it's great. I know places like New Image Day Spa have them for $35-$45 and they last a little longer.
Keep me updated on what you choose!

Joy said...

Love being tan. Spray on tan, ewww! They ALL make you look orange, and leave lines, especially on your hands and ankles. I personally have never done it, BUT Geoff's sister does it weekly and I just don't like the look of it.
PLUS, laying out at the pool, in the pool, when you are pregnant, is heaven!!

Leslie said...

I'M so glad your having a BOY!! HOORAY for BOYS!!! If you do the spray-on and forget to wash your hands, ankles, whatever and don't love the look, try this: 1 tsp of liquid bleach 1 cup water, rub on area... WA-la color gone.
My thought: DO whatever makes you feel prettier.... cause being pregnant already takes away a nice chunk of that "pretty" feeling.

Brittany said...

Before my current job, I worked at a tanning salon. A little over three years ago now. And I haven't been in a bed for about 4. Never again. But the spray on tan I LOVED. If you go to You Can Tan in Roy, they have the mystic which I think by far the best one. It has two different levels. The first one is subtle and the second one is a little darker. I think you should try it cause everyone is going to have their opinion. Also, JERGENS. Seriously, my favorite lotion of all time. I only use it on my arms and legs and in the summer time, it helps so I don't have to lay out so much. And it's firming :)

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

I, too, use the Jergens every day. I like it, and it is a gradual tan, so it doesn't leave lines. I use Clarins on my face. I'm still not the tannest person on earth, but I don't think it's worth it to lay in a tanning bed or in the sun without sun screen.