Monday, October 5, 2009

Yard Sale


I did it! I had a pretty successful yard sale. I've never had one OR even ever been to one! My mom and sister also had items they sold too. I'm going to do it again this Saturday and see what else we can get rid of and then it's DI time. I'm not bringing anything back into the house...ok, maybe not anything, but most of it's going away.
I made about $50, Nikki made $35 and my mom $25. We sold chairs, benches, luggage, TV's, waders and shoes, some clothes which surprised me that we didn't get ride of more but I think it's how I had them laid out. I will do better this weekend.
I sold some decorations and "new" items I've never used such as some strange wedding gifts. I should feel bad about that but honestly, I don't!
It was fun but cold. Nikki's girls, Morgan and Madison came over early to help me with the sale and Taylor. They were awesome. A little wild but I was glad they were there. Thanks girls! Madison even brought the tray from her REAL cash register(long story) for me to use.
I was surprised at how many people bartered with me for lower prices. By Saturday morning, after all the work of getting everything out, priced, and organized, I was about to just give things away.
The one item I thought would go for sure but didn't is our wood table and chairs set. No one even asked to go lower than the $65 we were asking for it. So if you know anyone who is looking for a nice and cheep table and chairs, give me a call. That's one item that will not go to the DI. To nice.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Way to go Jill! It's fun huh? Yeah you would think people would go crazy over a cheap table and chair set... Maybe I should come check it out for our future house :)

Alana said...

How many chairs does it come with? How long is the table? We have been talking about getting a new table. Let me know. Thanks and congratulations on a good yard sale!