Saturday, October 17, 2009




I'm not really sure what it is about the fall that makes all my emotions come to the surface. And I mean ALL of my emotions. I'm super excited for Halloween and the crisp night air and with the sunny days that I can wear my hoodies on. I love the thought of hot chocolate and blankets while I read alone or with Taylor or watch cartoons. There definitely is a smell in the air that is different. The birds are active and the traffic is not! I'm sad because even though I love to snow ski, I don't do it much anymore because of the cost and so I'm not really looking forward to the winter snow. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and for sure Christmas! I'm not looking forward to the state of mind that Tyson gets in. He HATES the winter. He has never been the snow-sporting type. The only thing he really enjoys is snowshoeing but I can only go so far with that. He wants to climb mountains and I just want to walk flat and straight. He does enjoy going to an ice climbing festival with his friend so that's something to look forward to.



This time of year is soooo nostalgic for me because in 5 days, we will be celebrating our 4Th wedding anniversary. TWO years ago I was home with a brand new baby, getting use to her, being a mom, and recovering from a c-section. I LOVED staying home with her and taking all of my senses in at home.
I'm worried because of all the expenses that are coming up with the holiday season. I'm worried that I won't make the right choices for Taylor so she can have the best learning and fun activities. I'm ticked that my time goes by so fast and that I never seem to get anything done. I'm stressed because it seems like I need to get my house winterized and comfortable so we won't kill each other being in tight corridors and not being able to go outside.
I can't believe how fast the summer has flow and I didn't finish painting my house. I DID DE-junk with is soooo nice and that's a check off the list. Whew!
This time of year always makes me want to be a teacher and actually get into the class room. More now because Taylor's getting older and learning at an amazing rate! Holy cow she's a smart one. I know we all say that about our kids, but it's seriously humbling to see her intelligence.
I love the colors. It always makes me want to re-decorate my house. I love the candle smells that Bath and Body works come out with and other candle places. I'm addicted to smell I think.



Hope you enjoy the pictures because it's just one more thing I love about this time of year. I would really like to be in New England right now.

2 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Love, love, love this post. I could not agree more with so much of what you said. This time of year always brings so much excitement, but also alot of stress and worry at the same time. Thanks for all the pretty pictures, fun to look at.

Sherry said...

Life has its ups and downs doesn't it?
You just have to do the best you can, when you can, today and don't worry about the rest. Your heart is in the right place and you are doing all that you are able.
Hang in there and enjoy the season that you love so much.
One day at a time, my friend.
Love ya!!