Tuesday, August 4, 2009

For Tyson's birthday (really it's Wed the 5th) but he wanted to go canoeing and camping, just the two of us. I hadn't been in his canoe yet so I was game. I also enjoy camping and fishing so I knew it would be fun. My mom spent the night to watch Taylor. THANKS MOM. It was really nice to get away like that again. We know we won't be doing it for a long time so two weeks in a row was getting a little spoiled.
Tyson LOVES to camp and fish so it was the least I could do for his birthday.
Enjoy the pictures...



This was the only picture I got on Monday. I totally forgot my camera while we were fishing. This is us canoeing back in to the South canyon of Causey Dam. It was very pretty, warm and I was totally freaked but all the cliffs and how deep it is. That's another story...my fears!
We got up there around 6 pm. Paddled back to our camp cite, set everytihng up and then fished for about almost two hours. It was a lot of fun. We both caught two fish which we kept and Tyson cooked over the fire. It got a little chilly on the water and neither of us thought to bring our coats with us while fishing so by the time I got the fire going, I was pretty cold. I cured that right away. I love to build and play in a camp fire. No, I'm not a pyro, but there is something about a camp fire. In fact, Tyson loves it too, but I kind of took over. He cooked some great fish though!
We didn't get to bed until after 12:30 am. It was so nice to just sit by the fire, veg, relax and talk. When we went to bed, it was still really warm so I honestly slept in a long sleeved shirt and my underware (sorry if that's TMI but it's true) I ever took off my socks. I was warm all night and our bed was way comfy. I can usually sleep pretty good (as long as I don't let my fears get the better of me).



Our great little camp site! It was so clean. The only down fall is it was right at the end of the trail head if you hike in. We were up this morning to two horse riders. They were lost and their horses got spooked by the fire pit and almost bolted through all of our stuff. Interesting!!



The view from out tent! It was beautiful, warm and very fun. Loved it.



Tyson is seriously in his element. He cooked the fish for dinner and did everything for breakfast as well. I just love him!! He just takes over and I totally let him. Ü



Morning camp fire to burn our breakfast and garbage.



There were several camp sites where we were. We got there first but another man and a his???nephew? friend? I'm not sure what but way younger than him and not his son (because he was talking about his dad) came just an hour after and camped to the East of us. You can kind of see their morning fire.
They had to make two trips to get all their gear in. They didn't get back from the second trip until way late. They didn't even have a flash light to help them navigate or get through the water to their camp site, so Tyson, being the nice fellow camper, took down his head lamp until their fire and big lantern was up and running.
Tyson was kind of up set they were there because he wanted it to be just the two of us and have the whole mountain to ourselves, but I have to admitt, I tend to seriously freak myself out, Tyson knows this, so I was kind of glad to know others were near by just in case...



These amazing little fish were everywhere. I'm not even joking. I've been fishing a lot in my life time. I grew up with a hunter/fisherman, dating several and I truly enjoy it. I have never seen this many little guppies in my life. I was fun to to watch all of the sizes dart in and out and away from the boat and come back. Curious little things.
This morning, they were jumping like crazy. We were watching them from out camp site and when we came out in the canoe, they were getting air!



Oh, good morning to me picture! Any way, this was us this morning on our way out fishing again. You can just see the top of our tent. Tyson caught two today and I caught a big fat nothing!



Tyson camped here last year alone! He's brave. I couldn't do that. He also caught two fish there this morning. A really pretty German Brown, which he released and then a rainbow.



The river that starts this side of the canyon was still running really fast. In fact, we were going to cross it and trek up the hill a little ways but we didn't want to get soaked but it was fun to see.



I really am in this picture! Tyson wanted to the canyon effect. It was a beautiful spot to hang out.



Here's a cute little beaver (hard to see) but we distrubed him going in the canyon and he got very mad when we came back out. But he was still fun to see.



We ate Chinese food after and Taylor loves their Ice Cream Cones.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYSON!!! Taylor and I love you VERY MUCH! THANK YOU for all you do for us!! I hope you enjoy your really birth-day and the rest of your week!

1 comment:

Parnell's said...

You guys rock! What a great birthday effort. - Bard