Friday, July 10, 2009

July 4th events


The 4th of July is a fun day and usually very busy. This 4th was no exception. We started our day off by going to McDonalds for some breakfast then headed to the Farr West area to watch the parade. After that we went to the Plain City park and saw a lot of friends and family members. We met up with Nikki's gang but Taylor was done by that point. We didn't stay long. She's still to young to do most of the fun things there.
We went home and let her nap while Nikki, girls and I went grocery shopping. Then Taylor and I met my mom and Nikki and girls to watch Ice Age 3. It was darling and Taylor loved it. She's so good in the movies. She sits the whole time and she actually laughed out loud whenever Scrat was playing around. I watched her enjoy the movie more than I watched the movie! It was great.
Afterward we went over to the Green's for a great BBQ, swimming, fireworks and great company. Tyson did the cooking and fireworks ~ Thank honey, you're a great sport and wonderful cook!


"BUGS" Taylor has a fascination with bugs. She loves to find them and then try to either step on them or pick them up. She was hunting them down at the parade so Nikki and I picked up the potato bugs and let them crawl on her arm. She was not sure what to think about that.

We went to the Farr West parade and Morgan and Madison decorated their bikes and road the whole parade. It was fun to see them and all the kids. Morgan was actually interviewed and had her picture taken and was on the front page of the Sunday paper in the local section! She was so excited.

She loves her daddy.

Nikki bought a fun little pool to have the kids cool off in. Taylor LOVED it and loves playing with her cousins!


We tried to get her to do the sparklers but she was not wanting much to do with that.

Watching fireworks! Thanks Tyson and Tim.

2 comments:

angie said...

I love the 4th its just so fun! glad you had a good time!

The Carnahan's said...

Looks like a fun 4th of July. I think you might be a little crazy though, wearing a jacket in July!