Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tonsil update


Well, to be honest, everything every one told me about getting your tonsils out was correct. It hurts like nothing else. It's even worse than an emergency c-section! I probably would be a-OK if it was just my tonsils and not the rest of my head. I had to stay longer at the hospital because I couldn't get the pain and nausea under control. Thank to Angie, the woman who watches Taylor, because she was so flexible and helpful with our time table.

I have been out of my bedroom for probably 8 or 9 hours total from the last three days. I don't plan on leaving it any time soon either.

Tyson has been my saving grace. I'm so glad he has a flexible boss/schedule that allowed him to stay home for two days with me. He has been so patient. He even sets his alarm clock for me so I can stay on top the pain. The recommendation is to take the pain meds every 4 hours as needed. I've been doing every 3 hours and most of the time the pain doesn't go below a 5. I thought I was prepared but this has kick my butt.

The food part has not been that bad because I really do not have an appetite. So far I've eaten:
~ Instant Potatoes
~ Jello - thanks to my friend Kara
~ Yogurt
~ Pop cycles - lot of them!
I've also been good on the water. I heard horror stories about being dehydrated so that's the main this I've been focusing on.

If you ever need to have your tonsils taken out, call me and I'll give you good advice! Ü

3 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

oh friend, sounds horrible. Hopefully the worst is behind you and now you can be on the up and up. Happy mothers day tomorrow.

Jones' said...

Hang in there Jill! Happy Mother's Day and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Parnell's said...

I'm sorry that's horrible! I hope you feel better soon!