A few years ago, Tyson bought me some snowshoes so we could have something to do in the winter that we both liked. (He hates to ski and I love it, I hate to ice climb and he loves it...get the picture?)
We went the first year and had some fun but it was my very first time and it was a little challenging. Last year we went once a few months after Taylor was born and I was TOTALLY out of shape. Again, we didn't go far.
This year we wanted to go on New Year's and try to make that a tradition (as long as children permit) and we wanted to try to take Taylor with us. We decided to go up to Middle Fork Canyon in Huntsville. I went hiking there in the summers when I was a kid and love the area so I thought it would be good. We got there and got all set up with Taylor in her little backpack on Tyson back and I carried the other pack and set out for a fun little walk. There were some elk up on the hill and tracks all over the place. There also much have been either a late hunt or an elk died and they had to carry it out because they left all the legs and guts on the trail. That was not a pretty sight.
We walked for about a mile when it started to snow so we turned around. It was fun and a beautiful day for snowshoeing.
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment