
I'm not sure of the statistics, I'm sure it's very large that you at least know someone who has been affected by breast cancer.
It's been in my family for two generations. My mom's mom had it and her mother had it and I'm sincerely sorry to say, my mom now has it and is fighting it with everything she has.
She only found out about five weeks ago that she had it. She went to a normal yearly checkup and was asked about something the Dr. noticed. She did not have a lump but there was some abnormalities that my mom thought were normal aging things. The Dr. wanted tests done immediately, both several mammograms and a biopsy. Everything came back cancer.
After meeting several times with her Dr. and discussing things with us, she decided, at the urging of her Dr. to have a mastectomy. She had that done three weeks ago and is doing very well, thankfully!
She's had great spirits, continues to have a wonderful sense of humor and tries to be super mom, which we are trying to make her stop or seriously slow down on.
I love my mom more than I can explain and I know there are a lot of you out there who feel the same.
MOM...we love you so much and even more than that we appreciate ALL that you do for us every day of our lives.
Thank you for being YOU and for fighting this horrible disease. We know you will get better fast and we are all here for you every step of the way!
13 years ago



3 comments:
Oh Jill...I am sorry. I didn't know about that, and I feel like just crying now for you guys. Your mom and you are in my prayers, how brave she must be. Love you lots and hang in there!!
honestly I think Grandma Kathy is one of the most amazing, kind, serviceable, funny, most positive person that I have ever met.. I don't think I have ever heard her complain once about anything! Thanks for writing Jill.. I love you! I hope that you are doing good.. I have been thinking about you!
Hey its me again...I just thought of this I have no idea how to get to the party. Will you leave me a comment and let me know where that bowery is??
Post a Comment