Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our 4th of July


Taylor had fun watching her first 4th of July parade. It was a nice morning but got really hot in the afternoon as I'm sure you all had the same experience.

Tyson was a good sport all day and did everything we wanted to do. He knows I really want to pass on some of my family traditions to Taylor and doing the parade and park activites on the 4th is something my sister and I have been doing together for several years with her kids. It's been so much fun to watch them during this time but now it's even more fun for us with Taylor.

Taylor and Me! I can't wait for several more years of pictures like this!

Taylor enjoys her first popcicle that was thrown from the paraders. We got several of these and a ton of candy which is funny because we were basically alone.
Ok, long story but hopefully here's the short version:
Nikki (my sister) and I were suppose to meet at 9:30 am because the parade was not suppose to start until 10 am. When we got there the police officers would not let us past in our can and we were only at 1050 W and needed to get to 1600 W. Not that far right? Wrong if you're Tyson and carting along a camping chair and I'm pushing Taylor. We started off with the idea of finding my family but the parade started at 9:30 (the paper was WRONG) and so we just stopped at some random place, set up camp, and enjoyed the parade. But the funny thing was, we were really alone. The parade route was so long that people were spread every where but we managed to get a lot of candy. The first throw to us infact had probably 8 or 9 pieces. It was fun.

We had some furry visitors while watching the parade. I wanted to pick one up and get a picture with Taylor but when they got close I could see they were really sick and had horrible eyes. There were THREE litters there all together with a ton of kittens. The three that came close were so cute and were probably the youngest of the litters but they were so sad. I wanted to find the owners and make them take them to a shelter if they were not going to take responsibility for them. I hate to see animals like that. They could easily got into the road. They were not afraid at all of people or the parade. I never did see any mothers though, they were probably afraid.
I need to get better at having someone take our pictures as a family. Everytime I do these I think about that.
We had a great 4th of July. After the parade we went to the Farr West park which did not last long, it was poorly put together and too hot to stay outside. Then we relaxed at home for a few hours so Taylor could nap and be refreshed (so we all could be! Ü). After that, we met up with my sister and family again and went to the movies. Tyson and Tim saw HANCOCK and the girls watched WALLE. It was such a cute show. I will buy that cartoon and would spend money again to watch it in the theaters it was that good. Just a sweet sweet show. A must see, even if you don't have kids!
After the show we went back to Nikki's for a BBQ and fireworks. We could see North Ogdens, Farr West, Ogdens, Plain City, and Perry's from her house. It was a fun night.
Hope you all had a great day as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, Taylor's outfit is so cute! I love her hair also... and the picture of you and her is tender! I'm so glad you guys had a great fourth of July... I love you guys!

Thiago & Teri said...

Sounds like you had so much fun, and Taylor looks darling. I lover her little headband. Interesting that you like Walle. I did not, we took Carson on Thursday and I was so bored I kept falling asleep. Thiago liked it though, I must be a weirdo.

kylee said...

oh my Jill! Look how cute these pictures are! what a fun day! =) You are beautiful by the way.. and many people tell me that I look like you=) haha.. so I take that as a huge compliment to me =) But what a fun fourth! I miss you! can I just come play some time?! I think I need to! love you lots!

Jackie Greenwood said...

Taylor is so dang cute! I am glad that you guys had a great 4th!