Tuesday, July 29, 2008

10 months old, are you kidding me?

I can't believe Taylor is already 10 months old. Today a girl came into my work with her 4 week old and I was able to hold her. She was so small and made all the grunts and noises that you forget about. She was the same size when Taylor was born but Taylor did not gain weight well so she was a lot smaller than this baby. I can't believe how fast she has changed and how smart she is.
Some of her ten month stats:
* She is FAST...not even kidding. She is up the stairs and gone before you can say "no" (which I hate to even say but it's starting to come out of our mouth).
* She wakes up in the mornings or from naps and say's "mamamamamamamam maaaaaa mamamamamam". She can get dada out but it's mostly mama and it totally melts my heart!
* She loves to give kisses. Granted right now they are a little on the wet side and sometimes there's a little tounge action going on but it's to cute not to have her do it.
* She gives Tyson more kisses than me but she says mamamamam so I'm good! Ü
* She loves her toys and plays so good either by herself or with me or other kids.
* She is starting to "know" people. When my mom or sisters come around, she's all over them but recently we had a few of Tyson's friends come to visit and they stayed over night, she would not go to them. She would smile and talk to them as long as she was in our arms. Tyson tried to get her to go to them but she had to give it time. I'm talking a few hours.
* She is such a good girl still and hopefully always. I'm not saying she doesn't cry or throw a little fit now and then but she's all around happy.
* She has TWO teeth (FINALLY). He poor nose needs a break for awhile.
* She loves the toy Tyson's sisters gave her. She talks to it, tried to climb on it and is always standing up to it and bouncing up and down. I think she thinks it's real! Strange I know but she has a relationship there already!
* The likes to go to the movies with us. We took her with us to Batman and she either sat perfectly or slept through the whole movie. I don't mind taking her at all (as long as it's not too loud. Batman was pushing it).
* She is starting to eat real bananas and loves them. Tonight I made my kind of mac and cheese and she ate it up!! Loved it!
* She loves to swim. She's getting a little adventurous. Monday I took her and she did a face plant, covering her whole head. I had to pick her up because she when forward and couldn't get her barrings. She was spitting and coughing but never cried and then it was a game! She was dipping her face in the water. Sometimes is was fun, sometimes it wasn't (those were the times when she tried to breathe under water).
She is just getting so big. She laughs and plays and loves us right back. Tyson and I are having so much fun and loving every minute!
It's truly a blessing to be a parent!
Pictures to come.

4 comments:

Jackie Greenwood said...

How fast they grow up. I can't believe Taylor likes bananas, that's so fun. I agree with you on being blessed to be a mother!

Thiago & Teri said...

10 months. Wow! Where does the time go...what a cute girl she is. So cute that she says mama...Carson always said Dada. Made me so mad!

Jeremy & Jennifer said...

Yay- you have a water baby! I agree it is wonderful to be a parent. (Some of the hardest work I've ever done, and the most rewarding.)
Doesn't "mama" melt your heart?
Open-mouthed kisses are the best.

The Green Family said...

What fun stats! It's nice to read, I get so busy and with Jayden in the 'terrible two's' I take little moments for granted and in caught up in the 'Jayden, mommy said NO!'

You've inspired me to have a 'mommy/son date'!

How great is the opportunity to have family?! Thanks for sharing,