Saturday, April 19, 2008

Kiddie Tag- Taylor Olivia Downs



Taylor got tagged by Caron, son of my friend Teri Cano.
I get to tell you 5 things about her that maybe you didn't not know or forgot. It's going to be hard because I tell everyone everything but here I go:

1. Taylor was born 4 weeks early a healthy tiny angel weighing 6 lbs 1 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. She shocked her parents and the doctors being that early and not having to spend any time in the NICU.
She came by way of a emergency c-section. (her mom's body decided it was DONE being pregnant and was giving her preclampsia, which makes the liver shut down. Then her body said to the Dr's that they were not moving fast enough so she started to have an abruption which is the placenta pulling away from the uterus which can make the body bleed to death.
The nurse was amazing and caught it soon enough that I (Jill) only had to have 2 bags of blood for the transfusion.

2. Taylor tried to give her mommy and grandpa Glen heart failure by have a seizure at 5 1/2 weeks old. Her grandpa was holding her and loving her and we were laughing and telling stories when all of the sudden my dad said "Jill she's not right, JILL she's not normal" and help her up to me. I thought maybe she was just starting to fuss or had a little gas but when I took her from him, she was stiff as a board and her arms shot straight above her head and then she started to shake (seize). I ran over to the kitchen sink with her trying to sweep her mouth, thinking that she was choking but when I tried to get my finger in her mouth, her little tongue was so tight against the roof of her mouth that I couldn't get my finger passed it. My dad called 9-11 and they dispatched the paramedics because Taylor was not breathing. A young man heard the call and was off duty because he get there first, was driving a cool red jeep and was in regular clothes. Just a few seconds before he got there, Taylor relaxed, stop seizing, took a breath and went instantly asleep which freaked me out!! When the paramedic came in, he didn't like that she went to sleep so he stripped her out of her clothes and got her cold and made her wake up. She was pretty sluggish but he got her to cry a little and then it got really crazy because the other paramedics got there along with an ambulance and police officers. All in all, everything was A-OK. They think she got so relaxed that she stopped breathing and her body started to have a seizure to wake her up.
After that, Tyson and I had to take her in to have a brain scan...that's a whole other story! But she's healthy and happy.

3. Taylor is the 10th grandchild on my side, the 9th GIRL!!! She's the 3rd grandchild on Tyson's side, and the 3rd GIRL!!!
WE LOVE GIRLS!!!

4. Taylor is probably the happiest baby that I've ever come in contact with. My sister Nikki often tells me it's not fare that I got the happy and best baby but I DID and I love her sooo much!

5. Taylor is almost 7 months old, she's off the charts for her height which is not a surprise, she sits up without support now, is a great eater, and loves mens voices but most of all she loves her DAD!

So there are some more fun facts about Taylor. Not I'm paying it forward and tagging some fun friends: Paityn Osmond, Sawyer Norton, Michelle, Morgan and Madison, Brig & Krevin Parnell.

3 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Okay, how did I not know about the seizure. I vaugely remember Monica saying she had stopped breathing or something, but I did NOT know that. Oh Jill, that must have been horrifying. I can't even imagine, but you are right she is one beautiful, happy, healthy girl. And the sweetest little Taylor ever. So fun to learn more about her, even though I am glad to say I knew alot of it.

kylee said...

Wow jill.. I didn't know any of that! how scary I bet that was for you! I am glad that she is okay though! I love you! keep writing! I love to read your posts

Tammy said...

She is sooo cute. I can't believe how old she is already. They sure bring a joy and love to life that we didn't know exsited. Don't they.