I've always pondered the question "if you had a million dollars given to you, tax free, what would you do with it"?
Well I want to try to answer that and then tag ALL of my friends to see what YOU would do.
First, I would invest 1/2 of it, yes $500,000.00 would go to the Credit Union so I could live off the interest (which would be around $1500 a month)! Then I would payoff our mortgage so I could stay home with Taylor and live off Tyson's money (that is if he "still" wanted to work! Not sure about that but I'm taking a big leap saying he would want to stay home too. Not sure how fast we would go through a million.
Next, I would put enough money away to pay for Taylor's education at any Ivy League School (even if she does not want to go to one).
I would try to help my siblings and parents with money. Not that any of them are hurting, but I would try to give them some money to easy any burdens they had financially. If they don't spend it wisely, that's their fault, I tried! Ü
I've always wanted to be able to go to a warehouse store like Costco and buy a whole bunch of supplies and take them to needy families or organizations that help homeless people. I think that would be a very neat experience and to be able to donate that way would be fun. I would like to travel with Tyson and Taylor. More with Tyson right now because Taylor will not remember anything so I would like to take Tys to Alaska, then somewhere tropical. There are a few places I've always wanted to go...Switzerland, Maine, and Bora Bora or Tahiti.
When Taylor get older, I want to do a Disney cruise with all of my family.
I don't think I would move into a bigger home, although that could be a possibility and then never have to move again. If that were the case, I'd try to find a home in the Valley. I miss living up there. Tyson could make a climbing room and I would have a huge craft room and laundry room. (I like to do laundry but I hate my laundry room).
I would buy Tyson his dream car/truck and get one for me too. I would spend a lot of money on scrapbook stuff!!! I really need to get that done!
I think I would go to culinary school. I really like to cook but I'm limited in what we eat because I don't know food like I should. I think I would eat healthier too! I would host big dinners and try new foods out on everyone!
Well, that's just some of the things I would like to do if I had a cool million-tax-free dollars to spend!
What would you do?
13 years ago



2 comments:
Hey Jill its Julie Campbell (ross) Jess' sister. I just wanted to say hi and tell ya how cute your little girl is. I'm sure you already know! She has the prettiest eyes.
Jill, I think you have great ideas for spending money! I can tell you are good with money management too.
The Costco idea is wonderful, and I don't think you'd have to be rich to do it!
I enjoyed reading your million dollar post. :)
Post a Comment