Friday, February 19, 2010

It's official



Well...it's official, I signed Taylor up for her first "day care/preschool" this morning. She starts next week.

I have a heavy heart about it for now. Very mixed feelings. We LOVE, love, love Angie and her boys but she sold her house, and for now, is not able to continue to watch Taylor. Hopefully when they find a new home, it will be in our area still so we can go back to her.

I'm excited for a few things with the new place. It's called Operation Happy Kids and it's very close to our house, fairly affordable, and it is a preschool. They will help us potty train her, they have a dietitian for her meals, LOTS of play and learning time and they designate time for her have "nap or down" time. It's very structured and Tyson and I were both very impressed with it. Organized, bright, and fun.

You may be thinking to yourself, "why are you sad than". Well...for several reasons, most being that she's old enough to go to a preschool and that I'm not with her. It's SOOOOOOOO scary leaving her with strangers. That's one of the things I've really loved about Alana and Angie, the two wonderful ladies who have watched Taylor the majority of the time, they never were (for Alana) nor felt (Angie) like strangers. Taylor loves both of them and their boys. It's so hard to take her away from things that are familiar.

I'm also just SO thankful for my sister, Nikki, who is her constant besides us.
Hard decisions but necessary for now.

Good luck baby girl!!! I think you're going to have so much fun.

4 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Looks absolutely adorable...it really does. I think Taylor will be just fine once she gets used to it. You will probably all just end up loving it!

angie said...

That is such a cute little place! We are gonna MISS her so much! She is such a good girl and we all just fell in love with her! Good luck but im sure she will love it! Ill let ya know where we end up. Thank you so much for trusting me with your sweet girl!

Morgan said...

Jill,
This is where Shad and I are thinking of taking Kendall for daycare... We got a good feeling when we went there too... I thought it was decorated really cute and the kids all seemed happy. You will have to let me know how it goes with Taylor..

Leslie said...

This place looks pretty amazing to me! It was really nice to see you and the rest of Tyson's Utah Family on sunday. I'm adding you to my blog list so we can keep track of what's new with you and yours! Add me to yours, if ya want, although my blogging-talent is usually capped at one post per month.