Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First family campout

We decided to go camping after all. Taylor did not have a fever all day Sat or Sun so we pack a few things and headed to Strawberry Resavior to meet up with my dad, grandpa, auntand cousins. We had a fun time. The drive up was nice because we had the DVD player for Taylor. My grandpa had dinner basically done before he went up. He made two large meatloafs and froze them last week so it could take them out and have them on Sunday night. They were amazing! The best meatloaf I've every had!
The sleeping was interesting. Tyson bought us a new test and this was our first time using it. It was nice and had the room we needed but Taylor is not really ready to sleep without sides yet. She moves around so much in her crib that she was rolling around all night trying to find something to stop her. She also hates covers so keeping her in the blankets was a chore. It was cool but not cold but I still worried that she was warm enough. Between her and Tyson's snoring, I did not get a good night sleep. In fact, I didn't get any sleep. Every time Taylor would move, I was looking at her. This made it so I couldn't turn in from side to side like I normally do. The best she ended up sleeping was early in the morning, after she woke up crying, I picked her up and held her to me then laid down so she was sprawled against my chest. She didn't move for about an hour and half. By then I was wide awake but because of that, I was able to listen to the cow ELK walk across our camp. I was just bummed that I couldn't get up and see them becauase I didn't want to wake her.
Tyson and I were planning on staying another night but seeing how little sleep she and I got and how much sun we had during the day, I talked Tyson into leaving (it was not a hard talk) and we packed up after another wonderful dinner from grandpa and headed home. We had to stop and get an ice cream in Heber for the drive.


Sitting at the camp fire, enjoying everyone's company.


This was at the beggining of the fishing day. We were trolling and Taylor started to throw a little fit about not being able to move around the boat. Both my dad and Tyson had a line out of the boat but my dad wanted me to have one as well so I had my left had on the pole and my right was holding Taylor. Well, I was not fast enough when she decided the best way to pout was to throw her cute, brand new pink hat over the side of the boat and because we had three lines out, it was a slow turn around for it and it sunk before we could pick it up. She was hat-less the rest of the day which I was not thrilled about at all but between Tyson and I, we kept her pretty covered with umbrellas.


This was the first of two very short naps Taylor took on the boat. As you can see, there's not a lot of room to lay and we were quite but at least she got a cat nap in. She was so good about having her life jacket on. I was afraid we would fight her with it but she never complained once.


My dad caught the first fish which was a rainbow keeper and a really nice fish.


Taylor was eager to see what all the fuss was about until Tyson told her to kiss it and I about freaked because she was going to.


Tyson caught the second fish of the day, a huge 18 inch cutthroat. It was a nice fish but he couldn't keep it because it was within the restricted weight and length but it was fun to reel in.


Tyson and Taylor hanging out under the only shade we had. I was so thankful we brought two umbrellas because it was hot and we were out for a long time. Taylor would have fried with her fair skin. I roasted and I'm tan and still put sun screen on twice.


This is the first of two fish I caught with my new PINK pole!! I bought a new pole because Tyson broke my other one when we lived at the condo and would fish the Ogden river. He owed me one so I picked a pink one. It was great!


Grandpa and Taylor




Tyson was the good husband and son-in-law and cleaned the fish.


These are the three fish we could keep. Mine are the two on the top and my dad's in on the bottom.


On the way home, Taylor was getting restless from sitting in the boat all day and then having to get into the car for 2 1/2 hours so we decided to stop and get ice cream which kept her occupied while watching Ice Age.


Loves her ice cream cones.

1 comment:

Alana said...

Looks like you all had so much fun! We have yet to go camping this summer and we had set a goal to go at least once every month. So much for that. I'm glad Taylor is feeling better. Alexander was sick for almost two weeks with rash. I wonder if it was 5th virus as well?? Hug little Taylor for us!
-Alana :o)