Tyson and I had a fun time up in Midway. We went shopping Monday afternoon, after dropping Taylor bug off with her cousins and my mom. I was surprised Tyson wanted to shop both days but he had a list I was unaware of, which actually was not that bad. I had a whole bunch of 20% off coupons so we saved some money.
I bought some new make-up. My sister-in-law Becky, and my friend Melissa both wear Mac. I love how their make-up looks so I decided to break down and buy some. I'm excited to try it out. I didn't get a lot because it's pretty pricey but I'm sure it will last a long time. I just get a little at a time.
We shopped a lot for Taylor. Her second birthday in coming up and she is growing like a weed. I hate that she's going to be getting clothes but she needs them. I had to buy 2t in pants and 3t shirts! She has inherited her fathers long body. It's going to be interesting keeping her in shirts that fit and don't drown her out.
Then we headed up to Zermatt. We checked in, found our room, changed and headed to the pool! This was Tyson's first time in the water this year! I either didn't realize that or didn't pay attention but he was sporting a great farmers tan! Loved it. We soaked up some sun. It was beautiful.
Then we went and had a ginormous dinner! We had a coupon for that as well. I asked the waiter how much it covered and he said it's anything that we order for dinner...so we ordered a lot! We bother had an appetizer, he had wings (I can't have) and I had nachos! They were so-so for both. Nothing wonderful. Then Tyson ordered a BBQ pizza. I'm not sure what we were thinking but that thing was huge! I can't eat pizza so he had it all to himself (he only ate two slices!) I ordered the filet. That was also big but good. I did not finish mine either. So we were thinking we were done when the waiter came over, asked if we'd like dessert. We said no. Then Tyson said, "not unless you have cream breule and an baked apple" which they DID!!! I couldn't believe it. It was free so we couldn't turn it down. Mine was small, thankfully, but Tyson's was so big, he took half of it to go.
Needless to say, we were sick from all the food, tired from shopping so we didn't go mini golfing, just tried to walk off the meal before going back to the room.
We walked around the grounds and had a great night. I love it up there. I reminds me a little of home (Eden) except home was more secluded and not so comercialized (at least when I was growing up there, it's changed now).
We watched a movie in the room and Tyson concked out. I however was not so lucky. I could not turn off my head! Seriously, I did not go to sleep until after 4:00 AM!!! Not even joking. I had to get up and read for over two hours. Tyson slept through the whole thing with the lights on and everything.
When he woke up, I was exhausted! And kind of crabby. Sorry honey! He was a good sport and understood.
We stayed as late as we could in our room and then went to a neat little place to eat by the outlet mall in Park City. It was called Good Thymes. Really good food, I would recommend it. It's by Smiths.
We shopped all day. Got home around 5:30 pm, picked up Taylor and headed home. We had a good time, spent some money, saved some money and enjoyed each others company just the two of us.
13 years ago



1 comment:
I use Mac eyeshadow and I love it! I am sure anything you buy from them is going to be worth the price. Enjoy!
Post a Comment