Thank you to all of you who helped this year with the Relay for Life. It was a great event and I had fun. It was a little stressful for me to put together our team and come up with donations but we all had tons of friends who helped and we ended up earning $1500!!! We were in second place to earn the most money. IRS was first and they blew everyone out of the water with $5600.
There was a lot of fun things for the kids to do and they were wonderful walking their laps and making sure we met our goal! They had more energy than everyone else so we let them take the majority and they were happy campers!
It was strange weather all night. When I got there to set up, I was sweating my guts out, then the wind picked up and it was so horrible, we had to brace our tents and all of our stuff so it would not blow away. My poor sisters youngest gets hayfever sooooo bad and her eyes were horrible. My eyes hurt just looking at hers! But she stuck it out.
Then the wind suddenly stopped, it was nice for a few minutes until the demp dropped and got pretty cold. We all got in sweaters and jackets. But all in all it was a great turn out!
Thanks again everyone!
All the girls are watching the Jazz bear at the opening ceremonies!
My cute MOM is a breast cancer survior!!! She walked the survivors lap - at my insistance - and had a blast because there was a lot of friends and people she knew! I am so PROUD of her and love her very much! She is an amazing woman, mother, friend, sister, teacher...I could go on and on. In fact, she's so inspirational, that some of the money I raised was from former students of hers, and I'm talking in their late 20's former students, who donated in her name!!!
She stayed the whole time with me and my sister Nikki and kids and was a total trooper!
She's walking with her friend, who is also a survivor and helped donate - Thanks Carolyn.
Taylor LOVED being on top of my sholders. She was singing and yelling her way a long the track and cracking us and everyone else up! She was so good...Except for the time when she walked away from us and we lost her for a few minutes. Yes, my heart stopped, I cried(when we found her) and everyone possible bad senerio played through my mind and I was about to kill someone. Then we saw her walking the track a little way from our tent, eating a cookie, holding her blankie and having a good old time. Crazy kid.
Tyson was a good sport coming up to support and walk and chase Taylor around. Especially since the stress of having his grandpa in the hospital not doing so well. In fact, he had to leave because they called and said he was not going to make it through the night. He went to the hospital and grandpa died at 9:30 pm. I'm glad Tyson was able to make it to see him and say goodbye.
My sister Aimee and her beautiful baby girl, Danee, came for support! We walked and talked for a long time! It's great when we get to visit!
Madison and her cute little friend ran all over the track to make sure we got our laps in. Her sister Morgan brought two friends and they all had a blast going to different booths winning prizes and eating the treats I bought!
"Auntie Sherry" - this is my bestest buddy Sherry. She came to support my mom and raised a ton of cash for donations!
Thanks Sher
Taylor loved to be bundled up when it started to get cold at night. We walked the track with her stroller and she was great.
This was our set up.
13 years ago



2 comments:
Way to go Jill...I am so impressed by all of you. Sorry I couldn't donate, you know how money is these days. Just not enough to go around. Sounds like you did great though. Sorry about Tyson's grandpa, that is always hard.
Hey Jilly Bean! You look so cute in hats!!! I've just decided...random enough for you?
Post a Comment