Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Influenza anyone?

Holy crap can you say SICK!!! My poor family, me included, were soooo sick last week! It started off with Taylor. She started throwing up Friday when Tyson brought her home and didn't not stop for three hours!! She soaked him, herself and both kitchen rugs. Tyson said it was worse than the Exorcist. He called me at work and was like "get home, I need you". By the time I got home, he had taken care of everything and was holding a noodle. Taylor was so sad and had no energy. When I came in the door she looked up from his shoulder and just dropped her head down. Then she same to me and threw up again. I was so worried that we were going to have a rough night but she slept great and when she woke up, seemed healthy and happy. Not the case! I got ready for work and was waiting to see how well she could keep things down. I gave her two ounces of pedialite, she kept that down for an hour, gave her two more ounces, same thing, another hour. So in my mind I'm thinking "oh great, it really was just a little flu and she's good to go" so I give her 4 ounces of milk. I start rocking her and I hear this little gurgling and look down at her, she looks up at me and had this look of "oh here we go again" and throw up all over me, the floor, and her rocking chair! Not only did the milk come up but all of the PURPLE pedialite as well!
I had to call my boss because I was not going to make Tyson man handle that again without my help. I had to buy a vacuum cleaner because Resolve carpet cleaner was NOT cutting it and then some back and clean everything up.
Taylor took a really good nap. She was out for over three hours which never happens. When she woke up, she would not touch a thing. She wouldn't drink anything, eat any crackers, nothing! She knew that if she put something in her mouth that it would come back up.
So we stayed home and vegged with our little family.
Around 10:30 PM that night, I started to get a little stomach ache, nothing happened with it but it just hurt. I went to bed and woke up at 5am moaning and clutching my stomach. I was suppose to go to church at 9am because I was getting released from RS and getting a new calling. I knew I couldn't make it but Tyson talked me into getting into the bath tub to make sure I didn't start feeling better. He came in (when I didn't get out) and said I was white as a ghost and did not look good. I ended up staying home and taking care of Taylor while he prepared the sacrament.
Taylor repeated the Sat experience by keeping liquid down for an hour and then throwing it up all the while my stomach was twisting like a wheel.
When Tyson got home, literally threw Taylor at him and ran to the bathroom. I did not come out for two hours. In fact, Tyson came in because he was worried and I was on the floor, green as could be. I was numb (not sure why) could not feel my hands or feet. My face was fuzzy and totally miserable. Tyson said he was going to call an ambulance if I didn't get up. I was seriously scared because I didn't think I was going to be able to. Being diabetic and having the flu is not a good combination because you can't eat anything, or at least don't want to and have Celiac's I can't have crackers and such to munch on. It seriously sucks!
After all that, I stayed in our room for about five hours and just kept going back and forth to my bathroom and bed. Tyson kept Taylor all day while I died.
So, you'd think the story would be over, not ever close.
At 11:30 pm, I was sound asleep, Tyson had been watching TV and I heard him violently throwing up in his bathroom. I ran in there and sure enough, he got it too! I've never heard him that sick, not even when he ate crab and had a reaction to it (which was really bad too). He was up ALL night. Almost every thirty minutes he was in his bathroom.
I had to call his boss on Monday to tell them he would not be in. He looked like death when he finally got up. Monday's are my day off so I knew we would all be home, sick and taking care of each other. Well, I took more care of them than they did, which is just a-ok but I think I over did it because Tues was another hell day for both Taylor and I. Tyson went back to work on Tues but I ended up taking us in to the Dr. We both had the flu (duh) and she had an ear infection and started to get the croup and she had a fever (low grade). So I walked away with lots of prescriptions and had to go to the store with a sick little girl.
The rest of the week stayed the same course. I ended up taking a 40-hour sick week! My boss was a gem and let me get better and help my baby get better. Totally thankful I have a flexible schedule.
Here are some pictures of sick little Taylor laying on her daddy while he put together the carpet cleaner for me on Sat.


3 comments:

kylee said...

oh man! I am so glad you are feeling better!

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh I absolutely hate that. You poor thing, that is what is so hard about being a mom. If we are sick we kinda just have to keep going cause everyone else relies on us. Yuck, hope you are all doing better.

Jeremy & Jennifer said...

I heard that 16 states now have influenza outbreaks. We've had 3 positive influenza tests at the clinic, too (very unusual). I'm sorry to hear that the Downs family got hit so hard. Not the ideal way to lose weight, is it?

It's good to hear you are all doing better. Taylor especially- it takes so much out of them to be sick like that.